Friday, May 25, 2012

Tokyo - Shimokitazawa


Less than a month and I am back in Tokyo... It feels good to be "home" again! haha... I was really lucky that my Japanese friend, Ema was off on that day and the best part is that she stay very near shimokitazawa.

I have been blog hopping for awhile and I found out about Shimokitazawa. It is like the Haji lane in Singapore. I thought probably it is just a street of shops that's all but I WAS WRONG! IT IS THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD! ENDLESS OF SHOPS AND CAFE! OMG! 

ALRIGHT LET'S GO!


saw this pretty cafe but it is close! :(


typical neighbourhood in the sub urban area in tokyo!


pls wait while the train is passing! :)


can u believe this is a hair salon? so pretty outside n inside too! OMG!


i love this street... so pretty...


check out this place!


i have no idea what is Route 25! But this KFC does look special!


Bubble tea anyone?!


every corner is pretty!


Miyazaki's food! Miyazaki is the first place I been in Japan. that's 11years ago!


see! even by the lamp post... it's so pretty... OMG... JAPAN WHY U LIKE THAT!


I so wanna chill out outside this shop! Gimme Kirin beer!


There's many used clothing shop in Shimokitazawa. However, most of them are still quite expensive... But if you really like it, you should buy it cuz some is really unique!


I have no idea why when i took this shot.... it gives a lomo effect.. somehow it feels kinda artsy.. that girl looks like she got an awesome camera and going around taking pretty photos... Tokyo is probably a place that will make ur camera "spoilt" with countless shutter count.. (pun intended)



Pls wait for the barricade to lift up before you cross!


Different type of rice crackers!


SO PRETTY RIGHT?!


this too!


waaaa.... hopefully ppl dun jumble up their stuff!


This is a warehouse of chic stuff! chic-it out!


even this mess is beautiful... a beautiful mess indeed...


can't stop my camera from taking photos


i love the colourful stools!


Japanese Childhood toys.... very old school type!


soccer fans... for u!


i miss my bike in Netherlands...


Hello Spiderman!


I am so tired from walking the WHOLE neighbourhood. so i saw this cafe... look really interesting...


so cute


very emo yah? haha


Love the lighting and how cosy the place is...


I really like the rustic effect in the shop...


So me and Ema sat down and ordered our cheesecake sets! everything is so petite! look at the creamer grass! so small! but potent! haha...

What a great time to really catch up with Ema... 10years worth of catch up over coffee.


えまは10年に久しぶりでした!中学校のもとで、日本は初めて行ったとともに、えまを知り合いしました。仕事の為に、東京で引っ越した。今回は二人が暇から会いました。良かった。最初会った時、私は日本語をぜんぜんしゃべれない。日本語を勉強すればするけど、会話は段々易いなります。再び会うはまた10年後しないでください!またね、えま!

 It's been more than 10 years since I last met Ema! We met when I first went to Japan for exchange program under St Gabriel's... She moved from Southern Japan to Tokyo for work and I am so glad that I have the chance to meet her. When we first met, I barely can speak any proper Japanese. Now, we can carry out any conversation easily... Hope we won't take another 10years to meet again! See you again soon Ema! :)



I like my outfit for the day!

Blue checkered shirt with hood from MUJI, Japan
Grey shirt from London
Pants from Eleven Paris
Shoes from Korea

Goodbye Tokyo (for now) ! Till we meet again! :)

No comments:

EruPIC