Sunday, September 05, 2010


After 2 years... I finally got my friend, weining to design a club logo for SIM CANOE POLO!!! I think that it is very important for a club to have a logo as an identity...


National Championship finally over 2weeks ago.... I have been very busy with my tests so finally I have time to blog about the competition...


Doing my official refereeing duty....


No.6 is actually a girl! going as fast as the guy!!!


blocking the shot...



this is what happen when you pick up the ball too slow..... your team mate SHOUT AT YOU!!!!


the match against NTU was very intense...


it was so fast paced that we hardly have time to do substitution...


we lost... so we have to settle for silver... i really wish it is gold...

To Rowdy Boyz: we came so close to winning a medal... but we didnt.. i dunno if i have the chance to play with you guys... nonetheless.. we shall work towards it! :)

Special thanks to denise (extreme right) for helping me to coach and teach the juniors new things and correct their mistakes.. :)


SIM WOMEN IVP TEAM 2010 - they fought hard and got 5th among 7 schools this year.

Erica! extra laaaa crash our photos nia!!!!

SIM MEN IVP TEAM 2010 - thank you guys... we all fought hard... even though we all aiming for Gold but we got Silver... at least we moved up from Bronze.. next year we will be back STRONGER!!!

TEAM SIM 2010!!

All of us with CAROLINE!!!!! Thank you for coming down! :)

Our Silver Medals and Trophy...


Silver Men with Andrew and Caroline :)


Every year, we were only given 10 medals.... this year, i requested to the committee that we should have a trophy so that we can give it to the school.... yup so hail to me! haha...


Special thanks to Erica... she have been a great help to me... helping me to do some arrangements and stuff... She is finally a UOL graduate! No more IVP for you!! haha..



Special thanks to Raymond... he was the vice captain and also helped me out with various matters... we played for SIM for 3 IVP years already... he is also a UOL graduate! NO MORE IVP for you! hahaa..


Now that i'm in final year... I thought if I win Gold this year and I won't want to play IVP anymore... and now the silver make me want fight for gold next year! I actually plan to go for SIM summer abroad program next year.... i only can choose one... and i have chose to win medals for SIM that I am sacrificing my oversea experience (twice: last year and this year)... tough choice next year... GOLD or experience?



I am sure most of you watched a little of YOG here and there for the past few weeks... but Canoe Polo is not yet an Olympic sport... All canoe polo players around the world are trying to raise awareness of this sport and hope that one day it will be an Olympic sport!


Just last week, Channel U did a coverage on Canoe Polo and Dragon Boat... you can check out the video at the URL below!


http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/new-kids-on-the-block-%E4%B8%93%E4%B8%9A%E7%8E%A9%E5%AE%B6-episode-7/1gq4eewqi


I need to point out that during the video some of the equipment pricing were mentioned inaccurately... it is not so expensive.. nonetheless, canoe polo does need a little more funding than other sports...


razorTV also did coverage for Canoe Polo recently.... and I am glad that they chose SIM to be part of their filming project.



GLEE vs Canoe Polo!

[youtube:74Yjp4MLJcw]

Yes! Glee season 2 is coming out soon... but what does Glee got to do with Canoe Polo??


If you watched Glee, you will know that they are a new club trying to expand and get more funding from school by winning competitions. The show producer, Ryan Murphy said in one of the interviews that he is hoping to use Glee to tell everyone how important is art education as it provides a holistic education and funding should not be compromise. Like wise, I hope that Canoe Polo will now have more funding. :)


No comments:

EruPIC