Tuesday, August 09, 2005

its 3am.. but i still want to blog...

i watched our videos today.. when i ref the match of IVP TP & SP.. i really DIDN'T SEE the shots.. pls do not accuse me of siding SP.. cuz.. my 2nd ref from NTU n the goal line judge is from NUS told me its a goal.. i have to trust them.. i have to look out for other foul too.. ref are humans too.. i hope everyone give all the ref regardless they are new or old.. some form of respect.. :) sometimes we just dun see things from a ref point of view.. i am a player too.. almost all ref are players too... so since many canoe polo ppl read my blog.. i just want my idea to get across...

i was really sad when juju told me that the junior girls already given up even when the match is not even started... how come they have this thinking... after reading some of their blogs... i kinda disappointed in them... perhaps my long email the other time didnt reach u girls... but i shall repeat my story again.. and hope u all will fight with all ur determination, calmness and committment (quoted from jonathan)

last year IVP, NP guys were all mostly year 2.. we played only for 1 year of experience.. we hope we could get at least 3rd.. cuz we cant match up with SP n NUS vampires.. and of course SP have many national players n NUS have many experienced players.. so all our ivp matches with them was a total trash out... when i was still in year 1.. i remember a period of time i didnt come down for pool training... why? cuz i wanted to work n save up to get a boat... but didnt got it.. and i return back to training.. i didnt like gym cuz i dun like to carry heavy weight... during pool training.. i am the slowest.. i paddle behind every other junior guys of my batch... everyone can shoot further than me and cuz everyone to do push ups.. when we have to canoe round the pool for like 30 rounds in daggers with shotovers... i was the first to give up... but my team mates cheer me on.. they are doing the same thing.. yet they did not give up... and i should not give up too... but still i didnt train as much... many things happen.. i keep missing all my training n didnt put it on piority..

well... when IVP 2004 came... its strike me.. HARD... we lost almost all our matches.. just like how we were trashed in SRRR 2004... i saw mark and jeremy n other guys cried after the matches... i wanted to cry but i didnt... i have been a burden to a team... a team that could have achieve something but i bring them down... so i have told myself that i have to train as hard as much as others... since then i always train as often as i can... right now.. 2005 IVP... we guys are back again... tougher n better than before... we shall nv give up...

during the past weeks... i have learnt so much from jonathan... he told me that a good player will always cover for the team mates mistake... its true.. i always been shouting at my team mates... and i didnt cover up for them... and i experience it during the last weekends... when someone loses a ball... quickly pick up before ur opponent take it away.. rather then stopping there n shouting at them... jonathan make me realise so many mistakes that hinders me from being a good player.. like very basic thing like doing stern dip n passing before someone comes for u... after watching my video today... i think i am A BLOODY PUSSY that paddle so damm freaking slow.. and shoot so soft.. well... i shall make this a good national champ... i will prove to my team that i am not a burden anymore and cover up for everyone mistakes... we will achieve what we want... once again.. junior girls... dun give up k? this post is also specially dedicated to jonathan and my team mates... THANK YOU... i wont let you all down... i wont let Ngee Ann and even myself down... Jeremy, Mark, Alvin Lin, we all have come a long way.. you were the ones who join me right from the start...and others who join us earlier or later on... we train as a team.. we shall fight as a team too... we will see you all at FINAL.. that is where i wanna be... and where my team wanna be...

No comments:

EruPIC